Yesterday Forum Nokia delivered the first significant update to the Wiki in a number of years.
One of the most important changes is the new Wiki Editor, which makes it a whole lot easier to work with the wiki. It offers toolbar items for the most common wiki operations, including marking up text as bold, italic, superscript, subscript, bigger and smaller, inserting links, galleries, files, tables and lines, and search/replace.
When you’ve finished editing the page, you can preview the new text in place, and even review the changes against the current revision. In addition, the editor provides more comprehensive help on the syntax behind a "Help" toggle (as shown below) and also a section for inserting special characters.
The upgrade also added other functionality of immediate value to wiki users including:
- Toggle text - allows you to hide and display text by toggling a link
- References – adds support for "formal" references
- Sub-page navigation - makes it easy to see parents of sub pages, and to list child pages
- Improved video support - video can be streamed from more of the most popular video sharing sites
- Boilerplate text - standard template text inserted for new articles to help users write better articles.
A full list of what was delivered is given here.
Special thanks to Fife Ventures, for all their hard work.