Do developers have any means to show a system alarm notification in N9?
If there is no straightforward API (which seems to be the case) is there any other way to fulfill the requirements of an alarm?
The alarm needs to go off:
- even if in silent mode
- even if the app has been closed (accidentally)
I am not usually posting these sort of questions but I have ran out of patience after searching for about a week now for a way to get an alarm notification on N9.
What I found so far:
- Qt Mobility lacks an Alarm API
- Qt Mobility Organizer did not work as I expected (no alarm, no visual notification for elapsed events)
- There is no Harmattan interface for alarms.
- There is a Timed Harmattan service which I am trying to figure out. Is this it?
Thanks in advance!
PS: Found documentation for Timed: http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-mid...master/src/doc