Do you know you could do appear a script like an usual application in the menu app of the phone ?
It's easy !
Try it !
the example script used (save it as "pyFFFFFFF.py")
1. Uncomment the following lines in !\System\Apps\appmgr\default.py (use the python editor !) in function run()
# zero followed by seven "F" !
appuifw.note(u'SYMBIAN UID = '+hex(SYMBIANUID),'info')
Attention you must respect the nospace between SYMBIANUID and equal sign !! Bug ;-)
2. Send the script by Bluetooth from your PC to the phone inbox message.
3. Click on the new script received by BT
4. Now a new choice can be used "Standalone app" , choose it
5. The new script is installed in !\system\App\pyFFFFFFF
rem 1 : in the new folder you found three files : default.py (your script renamed)
pyFFFFFFF.app (the unique executable file with the correct UID)
pyFFFFFFF.rsc (always the same pyrsc_template.tmp from appmgr folder !)
rem 2 : Insert the following line in the begin of your python script (if you want to be able to install as a standalone app !):
SYMBIANUID= hex number
where hex number is the UID required to symbian company (it's free and easy !) or a hex number whose range is 0x01000000 - 0x0FFFFFFF (risky only for development not for releasing !)
rem 3 : instruction for requiring SYMBIAN UID (ten max )
email to email@example.com with the subject "UID Request"
- specify your name or program name
- specify your email address
- specify the number of UIDs you request (up to 10).
To ensure that each UID is genuinely unique, Symbian - through the Symbian Developer Network - allocates UIDs from a centrally administrated database. This is a free process (it just take one day for me)