I'm just starting up development of a Flash Lite application. I'm not really sure which version of Flash Lite to go with though.
These are some of the things we need to solve in order for the app to work:
- Communicate with web server (not on mobile phone, read external server) to send and receive XML to/from database and receive binary data (read SWF files)
- Save text and binary data persistently on mobile phone
- Main SWF has to be able to read local persistent SWFs
- The application is designed to run offline (apart from send/receive at startup and shutdown)
- Perhaps create an installation package which bundles both Flash Lite player and the application itself
We are building the first version for early adopters in Sweden and I'm trying to steer it towards Symbian S60 phones, but it would be a superb bonus if it could run on new models of Sony Ericsson cell phones as well. The app is planned to be released in August this year.
Which version would you guys suggest - 1.1 or 2.0, 2.1 or even 3?
Thanks a lot, really appreciate your time guys.
Alrighty then, Andreas