I am the Symbian development manager for a mobile software company that has been in the S60 scene for several years.
We tried to publish our applications to Ovi and failed for this reason:
Failed case: Free Content Restriction
Summary: Application requires registration for the full version at [company_website]
Currently, our applications have a 12-day full-working trial version which is free to download.
Once the trial is over, the application shows a "Trial expired" dialog referring users to go to our website to purchase a registration code to unlock the "trial".
1) What do we need to do in order to pass this QA?
2) Is the problem that we referred users to our website and not the Ovi website? or is it a different problem?
3) Do we need to refer users to the Ovi website? (if so, which URL?)
4) Does Ovi Store use a RPN registration system to generate keys for software according to their IMEIs?
5) Does Ovi only support two versions: (a) Full version (no reg. code needed) (b) Free trial-version (with no un-lock option)
6) Will there be two options available for the user to choose from? One - a full version and two - a trial version?
7) Do we need to submit 2 SIS files for EACH app? - one full (no reg screen) and one trial?
8) If we submit 2 versions - one full and one trial. Is the full version content type with a price and trial version content type of "free" ?
Are there any more details that are needed?