Our Client is one of the world’s top online gaming companies. It is a young but established, growing and ambitious company. The company believes that their success depends upon using cutting edge technology and hiring the best and brightest talent. They are searching worldwide to find that talent. The company’s culture that values work/life balance and provides top-of-the-line benefits and generous compensation. Some of the key benefits are: an annual incentive program, healthcare, pension, meals, relocation expense coverage, travel allowance, life insurance and disability benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, educational and professional membership assistance and a sports club.
The position is for an expert QT GUI developer who will work to make the company’s user experience even better.
• A software engineer who lives and breathes software development and knows how to develop software from a fundamental standpoint
• Experience developing games software is a big plus
• Scripting, GUI automation and other similar skills are critical
• Track record of shipping software products and experience with the complete software lifecycle
• Ability to work with large, complex systems and develop enhancements to the architecture
• Know how to develop design specifications, UI specifications, author internal documentation
• At least 5 years of Software Development Experience
• At least 3 years of coding with Trolltech’s QT framework, version 4.x
• B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent, masters preferred
• Must have a solid working knowledge of ANSI C/C++
• English language fluency
Other Specific Requirements:
• Expert in cross-platform GUI application development using the Nokia/Trolltech QT Framework
• Expert with the QT core libraries, including multi-threading and concurrency, and inter-object communication (signals and slots); with QT GUI module, with QT WebKit integration, and with the QT Build System
• Experienced at building custom controls on top of the QT framework
• Understand of the principles of the QT Meta Object principles (properties, invocation and late binding)
• Comfortable with QT Designer and QT Forms (all aspects of forms development)
• Comfortable identifying /isolating /debugging issues within the QT library itself, and also of making custom-patches to the QT libraries if necessary
• Comfortable mentoring and training developers that are newer to QT and guiding them to develop better QT applications
• Well-rounded background in the principles of software design and implementation; understanding of computer science fundamentals, as well as proficiency in a broad array of technical skills including GUI design, operating systems, networking, databases, data structures, cross-platform design, and commercial application development
• Experience developing enterprise-class software (7x24, availability, serviceability) is a big plus.
Send resume as a Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org