i have a problem when i try to display a xhtml page that has greek inside.
even though i declare the encoding for greek iso-8859-7 at the xml tag in the beginning and the meta tag with the charset i see weird characters instead of my greek words.
i test my pages with nokia mobile internet toolkit 3.01, i tested it also with the p800 emulator from sony ericsson but i still does not work
here is the code i am using:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-7"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="gr" lang="gr">
<title>Telestet Video News</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml;charset=iso-8859-7"/>
HERE IS THE GREEK: Καλημέρα τι κάνεις
You might have to check the http-transfer encoding setting. The standard is ISO-8859-1. I think it can be set in the .htaccess file or in a php-header for example.
You could try also capital letters for "iso" -> "ISO". I don't know why, but once it helped for me!
You should also be sure that you save your files with the same character set as defined in the header. UTF-8 has worked best for me with problematic scandinavian characters, but then the http-transfer encoding setting should be changed to UTF-8 as well.