After transferring my app to the device, I see that certain functionality of the app does not work the same as it does on the emulator. I have built the app for Phone Debug (GCCE) [S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0]. the difference that I see is that there are multiple menu options presented by the app. Two of the options just print a text message on to the console, and these two options work equally well on the phone as on the emulator. The third option displays an image on to the console on the emulator. On the phone, when I select the third option, the application quits. The image file is part of the .mbm file built as part of the application.
I also wanted to mention that when I tried to install the application on the phone, I got a warning message saying that this app was meant for development only and that installing on the device may cause serious issues on the device. I ignored it and went ahead with the installation.
I am stuck and would look forward to help from the forum to tide over this issue.