Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition 4.0 gets a new, productivity enhancing UX
The latest version of the theme tool for Symbian devices is available. Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition 4.0 delivers a new UX designed to make theme designers more productive. This UX has been created by going back to first principals and rethinking how designers can most efficiently create themes. This has resulted in many changes, such as:
• Richer component view: With faster refreshing, improved iconography, status indication, and filtering, reviewing components is now faster and better aligned to theme development needs.
• Unified properties view: All the properties of a component and the tools to manipulate them are now in one place. New tools, such as a slicer to create nine part components, are available too.
• Tabbed preview: Preview screens are now grouped into convenient tabs. This makes it easier to find and display specific previews, enabling the impact of component changes on the UI to be evaluated speedily.
• Colour and gradient editor: An improved colour selection tool makes editing common colours and gradients straightforward. Get an instant preview of any changes and use the colour picker to sample colours from any source.
• Export to PDF: Export all preview screens to a PDF document, at full resolution. It’s now much easier to evaluate and share theme ideas without having to install them on a device first.
• Automatic updates: As updates to Carbide.ui become available an automatic alert is shown in the tool. Then a single click is all that’s needed to get the latest features and functions.
Please note that there are some know issues with theming Symbian^3 devices, for details please see the release notes on Forum Nokia (http://www.forum.nokia.com/dp?uri=ht...es_v4_0_en.txt ).