hi people. i'm planning to something like what nowanda did: uploading images from the phone directly to a server. (btw...i'm actually forced to do this as an assignment.. ). so let me begin by saying that i'm a complete newbie in these mobile stuffs. my target is to upload images from a nokia 7600, directly to a web server running on xhtml.
i only have the slightest knowledge of what Java is, and a little html. so can u people pls pls pls (i'll go down on my knees if i must) teach me where to begin? and also give some basic idea of what i'm suppose to do? i read something about xhtml form, may anyone be kind enough to explain them to me?
1. set up your web server to serve wap pages.
2. create xhtml page with a form accepting image uploading
3. search php.net for script code on uploading images to web server
4. test debug test debug and you will succeed.
5. check my wapsite for guidance: http://wap.com.ph/pix/index.php
btw, i'm selling the code if your interested..it delivers high arpu and cash-flow for mobile networks. thanks.
ok thnx for the info. erm, in ur wapsite, u mentioned that some phones support uploading, some doesn't. i deduct from this that u do no need to write any java midlets to do the uploading? the the xhtml form will do? sorry if it sounds like a silly question, for i'm just a poor student and can only afford to own a nokia 3310