I have discovered some strange behaviour in the nokia 6600 XHTML browser when processing pages with form input fields.
My application has two pages where users can input data, screen A and screen B. Data validation occurs on the server side. When I enter valid data in A and B everything is fine but when I enter invalid data in screen A a couple of times, the browser starts mixing up the input field values. It even shows data entered in screen A in inputfields in screen B!
My first guess was that my application screwed things up, but analysis of the xhtml output streams showed that the application was indeed sending the right values and the phone messed them up. Other phones work fine.
Haven't seen this before but if you're sure it's a handset issue, it may be worth trying another 6600 handset, silly bugs like these sometimes are present in one version or release of the handset and later fixed discreetly...
@vadaveed: I have tried it on versions : 3.42.1 and 4.09.1 and the problem was there on both phones. I have double checked the working of our own application because I cannot believe the phone is really doing this, but it seems to be the case. Our last test even crashed the 6600's browser.
btw : When I use the Nokia emulator it works fine.
@satu: Thanks, but our application is still in test and cannot be accessed from outside.