Does anybody have the experience of installing NAS in win2000
and dialing-up to win2000's RAS(Remote Access Server) to connect
to NAS? I've tried to use Nokia 7110 to dial-up, but it always get
this message --"no response from server". I could also hear the dialing tone from RAS, but it just couldn't establish a connection.
What would go wrong during the setup and configuration phase?
RE: Nokia Activ Server 2.1 in Win2000 with RAS
could you check RAS logs? Did phone get IP address from RAS server?
basically, in NT(w2k) you have to:
- create a user who's gonna dial-in
- grant dial-in permission to this user (no call back)
- modem should be connected to your RAS machine and properly configured (I would suggest to check this before dialing with mobile phone)
- as you using 7110 to dial-up, set the maximum speed for RAS modem at 9600, and connection settings: 8N1
- turn OFF error control and flow control for modem (turn on record log file option)
- RAS should be configured for dial-in connection and TCP/IP use (please use "any authentication including clear text)