i'm new to mobile devices and i would like to have a
little help on a program i want to develop.
The purpose of the application is to provide services to
mobile users based on their location.
My questions are the following:
1. Does Nokia provide a location application, if yes how
does it work and how can i get information about it???
2. How does the downloading of appplications work via
3. I would like the user to initiate a request using the
application from his phone to the webserver through the
MMSC, for him to get informations back. How can this be
done??? Can i use an application based on sending
SMS's, or MMS's???
4. Is J2ME and MIDP the best language to create this type of
5. And last, do hyperlinks exist in MMS or SMS messages,
MMS or SMS applications???
Thank you very much for your support, any help would be
1) Best place to find information about location based services would be http://www.openmobilealliance.org/ as a Nokia is a member of OMA. As you may realise every network carrier will implement it's location servers and services differently, all we have is a general documentation about these issues.
2) Please see the document "How to create MMS services" for detailed information what kind of data can be transferred over MMS messages.
3) 4) You need to look our SDK documentation about API's available for different phones, generally speaking C++ would be best for such a application.
5) URL's can be in text. Also WML and WMLC can be transferred over MMS.