Application startup usability
Application startup should follow these usability guidelines
- Starting an application should not take much time, ideally 4-5 sec should be OK. If the application startup is taking more time, a splash screen with a progress bar should be provided.
- During startup if any audio/video clip is played, the user should be able to control the sound.
- High priority system events like incoming call should be given priority.
- Low memory conditions should be handled properly.
- By default, application should not start by its own. If the application features auto-start at reboot, users should be given an option to reset this behaviour.