Archived:Warning note in some Series 40 devices after setting application to "Always allowed" (Known Issue)
Using a signed MMAPI audio recorder with multimedia recording access rights set to 'Always allowed' results in "Application access set to not allowed" prompt in some Series 40 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 devices.
Using a signed MMAPI audio recorder, the user can set multimedia recording access rights to 'Always allowed'. Usually this setting results in the MMAPI audio recorder to start without any security question prompts.
However, in some Series 40 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 devices this access rights setting results in the "Application access set to not allowed" prompt.
How to reproduce
- Implement an MMAPI audio recording MIDlet.
- Sign the MIDlet using, for example, the Verisign certificate.
- Install the MIDlet to the phone and set its application access settings for Multimedia recording to 'Always allowed':
- Application access > Data access > Multimedia recording > Always allowed
- Launch the MIDlet. In devices affected by this known issue the prompt "Application access set to not allowed" appears when starting recording.
No solution exists.