Archived:Web Browser for S60
Browser 7.1 is a full mobile browser that fetches content from a Web server and renders it to the display on a mobile device. Unlike earlier mobile browsers that were designed for WML or XHTML-MP content, the Web Browser can render any HTML or XHTML Web page in addition to WML and XHTML-MP content.
Full Web content is now accessible to mobile device users. The Web Browser uses open source components that are adapted for the Symbian and S60 platforms. It is available to all S60 licensees as a standard S60 application. The Web Browser is the default S60 platform browser. The open source components include:
- KHTML Rendering Engine from Apple Computer Inc.’s WebCore — This is the software used in Apple Computer’s Safari browser.
- KWQ adaptation layer based on Apple’s WebKit — KWQ is part of WebCore.
- Netscape Plug-in API from Netscape Communications Corporation.
- How to open browser programmaticaly
- How to invoke web browser from Java ME
- Open WAP/Web page with browser
- Flash Lite
- Building S60Webkit (To be completed/maintained by interested developers - Nokia Forum Login required)