CRingTonePlayer instance stops with KErrUnderflow error while playing a file (Known Issue)
The VoIP Audio Service API (VAS) provides a ring tone player, CRingTonePlayer, which can be used to play back audio files locally as a ring tone. This stops when playing a file.
When an instance of CRingTonePlayer tries to play audio after being initialised, either using an open RFile handle or a path to a file, the player just generates a beep sound and stops with a KErrUnderflow (-10) error.
How to reproduce
The error can be reproduced using the VoIPTest (VoIP Audio Service API) example application which is available as part of the VAS API package. Steps to reproduce the error are given below:
- Initialise and start the downlink stream.
- Initialise the CRingTonePlayer using one of these methods:
- Open( MRingToneObserver& aObserver, TPtr aFileName ), or
- Open( MRingToneObserver& aObserver, RFile& aFileHandle )
Make sure a valid audio file is passed as a parameter
- Call CRingTonePlayer::Play() to start playback.
No known solution.