Archived:Remote Control Extension Symbian API
The Remote Control Extension API provides a way for S60 clients to receive comments related to call handling from remote targets and to send responses to commands from remote targets.
#include <remconcallhandlingtarget.h> #include <remconinterfaceselector.h> #include <remconextensionapi.h> #include <remconcallhandlingtargetobserver.h>
1) Derive your class from MRemConCallHandlingTargetObserver and implement the methods defined in it.
2) To start listening to the events from the remote target, it is necessary to connect to the Remote Control Server. The steps involved in this are:
- Create the interface selector.
- Create the call handling target.
- Open the session to Remcon.
iInterfaceSelector = CRemConInterfaceSelector::NewL();
iTarget = CRemConCallHandlingTarget::NewL( *iInterfaceSelector, *this );
3) After this, you will receive the notifications for various call operations in the functions defined in the MRemConCallHandlingTargetObserver.
* From MRemConCallHandlingTargetObserver
//Handle answering call here
4) Once you get the event, you can handle the event there. If you wish to send a response, you can do so using the target that was created.
//operationID is define in the"TRemConExtCallHandlingApiOperationId" enum
//defined in "RemConExtensionApi.h"