Community Standards and Participation Guidelines
The Nokia Developer website provides a growing number of opportunities for developers who wish to discuss content we publish, or debate issues more generally. Our aim is to ensure this platform is inclusive and safe, and that Nokia Developer is the place on the net where developers will always find lively, informative and, above all, engaging discussions. This document covers all aspects of community interaction and moderation on Nokia Developer, including comments on blogs or articles.
There are a few simple guidelines which we expect all users to abide by. These apply across the site, while moderation decisions are also informed by the context in which comments are made. The objective is to maintain Nokia Developer as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent discussion of topics.
- We allow debate and dissent, but personal attacks, persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
- We will not allow misrepresentation of Nokia to be published on our website.
- We reserve the right to limit content or move it to the appropriate location.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
- We will remove any content that may put Nokia in legal jeopardy.
- We will remove unauthorized publication of intellectual property
- We will remove any content that is obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like.
- We may remove posts or articles that are not relevant.
- These standards apply to all content, private or public, regardless of language.
Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently than you intended. Remember that text isn't always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice (sarcasm, humour and so on) doesn't always come across when using words on a screen. You can help to keep the Nokia Developer community areas open to all viewpoints by maintaining a reasonable tone, even in unreasonable circumstances.
- If you act with maturity and consideration for other users, you should have no problems.
- Don't be unpleasant. Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom and humour we know you possess.
- Take some responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you're participating. Help make this an intelligent place for discussion and it will be.
Ask any questions about the rules here
Nokia Developer Community Manager