Symbian C++ Development Tools Overview
The following tools may be part of the extended tool chain for Symbian C++ application development:
- Carbide.c++ (IDE from S60 3rd Edition)
- (Deprecated) CodeWarrior. IDE replaced by Carbide.c++
- (Deprecated) Borland Mobile Studio (S60 1st, 2nd Edition only)
- gcce (Free compiler for Symbian platform device targets)
- CodeWarrior C/C++ Compiler Compiler used for building winscw (Symbian Emulator) binaries
- gcc Symbian compiler up to S60 3rd Edition.
- RealView Compilation Tools (RVCT) - ARM compiler used for building device firmware.
- Microsoft C++ Compiler
Symbian specific tools
- Raptor (SBSv2) - This replaces the bldmake/abld toolchain. Detailed documentation for SBSv2 is provided here: Raptor Build System. The Raptor Quick Reference article gives a brief overview of the syntax and how it compares with abld.}}
- Nokia Connectivity Framework
- Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit