Unsupported features in Windows Phone
This article lists features that developers may expect to be supported, but which are not available on the specified Windows Phone versions (at time of writing WP7.5).
- Find out the current battery status.
- Access the SMS inbox.
- Send a SMS from within your application.
Note: It is possible to launch the native SMS editor from your application.
- Keep track on the SMS history.
- Send an email from within your application.
Note: It is possible to launch the native email application from your application.
- Send an attachment while sending an email programmatically.
- Keep track on the emails history.
- Fetch the current phone number.
- Make a phone call from within your application.
Note: It is possible to launch the native phone call application from inside your own application.
- Hide the native prompt before a phone call starts.
- Access contact book programmatically in write mode.
- Keep track on the phone calls history.
- Fetch a list of near by Bluetooth enabled devices.
- Bluetooth files transfer via SSP (Serial Port Profile)
- Make an event in Calendar like saving someone's birthday date or creating an appointment.
- Get the list of available access points programmatically.
- Get information of SSID, MAC address and RSSI (Signal Strength) programmatically.