How to Create and Run a basic Windows Phone application
This article explains how to create first Windows Phone application using Expression Blend
This article serve as a kick starter in Windows Phone application development and programming. Its a step by step procedure on how to create your first windows phone application using Expression Blend for Windows Phone
- Start Expression blend from programs –
- Select File -> New Project
- Select Windows Phone Application
- Click OK to finish and let Expression Blend create the project for you
- Once finished, adjust view percentage to fit the phone screen on display
- Press F5 to run App in emulator, this may take some time but it will be one time startup delay.
- Emulator will start and app will be running.
- Observe the various windows and contents in Expression Blend
- Select “Page Name” TextBlock control and Modify its contents by clicking on it
- Run application by pressing F5
The above tutorial explains an easy way of creating your first Windows Phone app and use of Expression Blend.