Once you’ve created the necessary files for the widget, you can use one or more of the following options to test it:
- The preview feature in the Nokia WRT Plug-in.
- On an actual mobile device.
- In the emulator contained in the SDK (in case you have e.g. Nokia N97 SDK installed, not mandatory though).
- Forum Nokia’s Remote Device Access (RDA) service.
1. Preview functionality in the Nokia WRT Plug-in.
Keep index.html selected, and then click Nokia Web Runtime (WRT) at the bottom of the editor panel.
2. Test on a mobile device or in an SDK emulator.
First, you’ll need to package the widget. To make a *.wgz package in Aptana Studio, right-click the mouse button on the project name in the project tree and select Package Widget.
To run the widget on the device (or in an emulator, if you have one installed), select Widget Deployment Settings.
Next, connect your device to your PC via a Bluetooth connection or a USB cable and select a connected device. Other option is to select the emulator in the SDK, if you have an SDK installed on your computer.
To deploy the widget, select Deploy Widget.
Now you can install the widget on your device (or view it in the emulator).
If you want to test your widget on multiple devices, you can use Forum Nokia’s RDA service, which enables you to test mobile applications and services remotely on various Symbian and Maemo™ devices from Nokia. RDA is available to all Forum Nokia members. For details, see the RDA-usage instructions on the Forum Nokia website.