LWUIT Tourist Attractions is a location-aware tour guide to city highlights. The application has been developed with LWUIT for Nokia Asha software platform 1.0 and Series 40 library and it is a remake of the original LCDUI version. It demonstrates the use of the Location API (JSR-179) and HERE Maps API for Java ME. The map can be zoomed using the pinch gesture. The Series 40 version uses the In-App Purchase API with non-DRM protected application content. The application has been tested on Nokia Asha software platform 1.0 and Series 40 full touch phones.
This example application demonstrates:
- LWUIT lists with a custom renderer
- LWUIT layouts
- Switching between different LWUIT forms
- Showing a map using HERE Maps API with LWUIT
- Showing the user's location on the map
- In-app purchasable content on Series 40
- Fetching purchased content from a back-end server
LWUIT Tourist Attractions project page: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/LWUIT_TouristAttractions
LWUIT for S40: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/LWUIT_for_Series_40
This example is hosted in Nokia Developer Projects, where you can find additional documentation, discover recent revisions, and contribute to the project.